An invisible sunscreen veil that becomes stronger when exposed to heat, water, and sweat.
HeatForce technology is activated on hot days once applied to your skin. For WetForce capabilities to engage, expose the area where lotion has been applied to water or perspiration for 30 minutes.
This formula is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes, ocean-friendly, and free of oxybenzone and octinoxate.
For the purpose of this review, I’m going to talk about using this product on my face, and it’s so good I could cry. From the texture (a lightweight gel-cream) to the finish (luminous but not shiny), Shiseido’s Sun Protector Lotion is pretty close to perfect.
It’s a delight under makeup, doesn’t have a strong smell, and in my case, didn’t sting around the eyes. While I can only speak to my skin tone (medium olive), there seems to be a consensus online that there’s zero white cast involved. Personally, I had no ghostly finish at all.
Because of the lightweight finish, I think it’s excellent for warm, humid days or for outdoor exercise. The only thing I’ll say is that because it’s chemical and contains fragrance, it could be irritating for sensitive or breakout-prone complexions. I’d do a patch test first.
- HeatForce Technology: A heat-sensing essence in the cream that becomes activated by external heat, forming a stronger barrier.
- WetForce Technology: Negative ions in the formula combine with positive ions in perspiration and water to create an additional layer of invisible sun protection.
- Shiseido’s Ultimate Sun Protector Lotion SPF 50+ Sunscreen now includes SynchroShield technology.
- WetForce Technology creates an additional layer of invisible sun protection. As you continue to sweat and get wet, the product becomes more effective without any white cast
- HeatForce Technology is activated by external heat, forming a stronger protective barrier
- For all skin types
- Water-resistant 80 minutes
- *The HeatForce technology is activated on hot days, after the formula is applied to the skin. To activate the WetForce technology, expose the applied area to water or perspiration for 30 minutes.
Where to buy: